A monthly contest by the annual International Mobile Film Festival in San Diego launched in 2009. The #mobilizestories contest is a monthly contest to inspire and grow the mobile filmmaking community. This online contest will bring awarded contest winners’ stories to the annual event in San Diego if they *qualify. Selected films may be chosen to screen in other events. Filmmaker will be notified.
Join the movement to mobilize your stories using smartphones to share your stories as films and videos. Each month we will hold a new contest with a new theme. Use Hashtag #MobilizeStories to connect to our community around the world! Share that you are an official storyteller with everyone.
SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO for the monthly video contest: October – Scary Freaky Stories and be sure to share your entry on social media with our community hashtag: #MobilizeStories
Best of luck!
*IMFF Rules apply to films competing in IMFF.
Each month a new contest with a new theme takes place. All films must be shot with smartphones, edited wherever, audio can be recorded externally. More detailed rules are on the submission platform on FilmFreeway.
CURRENT CONTEST THEME: Imagine It! – November 2018: The theme of this month’s smartphone video contest celebrates your imagination. Ask yourself, “What If…” and see where it takes you. This video should be a movie which you can shoot as a mock documentary in first person or similar style. It is science fiction based on your imagination. Contest ends at the end of the month, November 30, 2018. All rules are the same as always. See rules on the website. All videos/films must be shot with a smartphone. You are responsible for reading all the rules before submission.
Submit your best to this month’s video contest and win this contest! DEADLINE: November 30, 2018
- Films must be shot with smartphones and be between 1-5 minutes long.
- All ages welcome.
- Horizontal/Landscape format.
- No copyright infringement on audio, music, images, brands, etc. *Submitted films must have a YouTube account with the film submitted in your own YouTube account in order to be considered for extra publicity on our YouTube Channel‘s Playlist. You must also allow embedding on your settings so that we can feature it on our website and blog section.
- Each month, a new theme will be announced.
- You may submit more than one film per month but only one film will be chosen to be awarded. More than one film may be selected to compete.
- Films that are not for all ages will need to add a notice to your film’s description and it shall remain in order for us to include it on our playlist on our YouTube Channel.
- Videos shall NOT be offensive, vulgar, racist, sexist, etc. We think you get the point.
- No nudity.
- No refunds.
- *Films selected to compete may be shared on our YouTube but they are not guaranteed. Not all films submitted may be selected to compete. Submitted films not selected to compete will not be added to YouTube.
- If your films are selected to be included in our events, we will ask you for permission and we may need you to allow us to download your film. Your film will also be credited during the event and the filmmaker will receive a mention.
- Please respond to your emails from us. If we cannot connect with you via email in a timely manner your submission or award may be disqualified.
Simply put, your videos shot with smartphones will most likely be accepted unless you are breaking the rules. Keep it real.
© 2018 S. Botello Productions™ All rights reserved.